We are hiring a Campaign and Advocacy Officer for our Sick of Plastic and #WeChooseReuse Campaigns
VOICE Ireland is an environmental charity, focusing on the wise use of resources, waste prevention and recycling, the promotion of the circular economy and advocating for zero waste. We work on both national and EU policy as well as advocating for behavioural change through local engagement through public awareness campaigns and events.
We are looking for a part-time Campaign and Advocacy Officer to lead our Sick of Plastic and We Choose Reuse campaigns. Sick of Plastic is a joint campaign with VOICE and Friends of the Earth.
- help develop the campaign deliverables based on existing research and policy positions, engage with politicians, civil servants, industry and the public at large to promote the reduction in single-use plastic and other single-use items as well as advocate for a systematic shift towards reuse and waste prevention.
- You will work with EU partners on EU campaigns as well as on national and EU policy.
- You will be responsible for all campaign communications, including calls to action, social media and developing the advocacy strategy as well as project managing the campaign and all deliverables.
Candidates should have experience in:
- Communications and social media engagement
- Developing advocacy strategy
- Campaigning and developing calls to action
This is a part-time (20 hours/week) one-year contract with a possibility for renewal, depending on funding.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Mindy O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 14th October